Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Ways to Save Money

I'm always looking for easy ways to save a few pennies. Here are some things that can save you some change.

- Cut dryer sheets in half. They're still just as effective. Or better yet, don't use them at all. I don't use any, and my clothes are just fine.
- Reduce or eliminate paper towels in your house. Use washable rags instead.
- Use efficient appliances. There are washers that are water-efficient, detergent-efficient, and energy-efficient!
- Make your own laundry soap. This is a bit much for me, but it can be done!
- Save all your change. We save all our change and turn it in at a CoinStar. If you get a giftcard, the coin counting is free! We get Amazon giftcards to purchase things like a high chair, a double stroller, and Christmas gifts!

Do you any new suggestions to help save even more?

1 comment:

  1. I don't use dryer sheets unless the husband is in the basement with me and is yelling at me! I don't notice a difference...

    ReplyDelete